Emergency Medicine Job In Hobbs, New Mexico
Emergency Medicine Hospitalist PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Megel Troupe: Sign in to view
Position Requirements & Benefits:
* 7 on/off â€“ Doc 1/2 - 7am to 7pm and MLP 1/2 â€“ 7pm â€“ 7am in-house coverage, then alternating call overnight between Doc 1 and Doc 2 to back up the midlevels.
- If physician called in and tired, may come in a little later or leave a little earlier.
* Likely census is 18-20 patient encounters per day.
* Expected to do procedures of central lines/intubations and run RRT's. ER is to run codes.Â There is NO Pulm/critical care available for consult.
* You are expected to be competent for basic ventilator management and extubations.
* If you are not currently able to manage ventilator patients, we will develop an action plan to obtain privileges
* Phone calls overnight for admissions with giving phone orders to admit. May need to come back to hospital if critical or unstable patient.Â
- All ICU admits require being seen within 1 hour of the phone call being placed to the covering doctor
- Floor patients not seen overnight to be prioritized in the morning.
* Work with ER to help expedite admissions.
* No obs unit available, admit and discharge when patient medically stable
* Help develop rounding practices that involve case management and nursing to best suit patients, staff, and families
* Call PCP's on dc if complex patient
- If no pcp â€“ work with case management to find a doctor or clinic accepting new patients
* Use EMR with computer order entry
* Transitional Care Unit (SNF) â€“ about up to 16 patient census. Responsible for rounding on patients 2 times weekly.
* Psychiatry admissions â€“ these are done by the hospitalist for the inpatient psych patients and the psychiatrist will consult. We will provide co-management
* Services available â€“ Psychiatry, cardiology, ortho, general surgery, OB/GYN, Podiatry, tele-neurology
* Participate in weekly transfer meeting as able by patient care
* Participate in committees and become a member of the hospital and local community
Our extremely competitive compensation and benefits package includes...
* Family Health, Dental & Vision Plan
* Health Savings Account (HSA) Medical
* Malpractice w. Tail
* Life Insurance
* 401k with Match
* CME Reimbursement
* Relocation Stipend
Hobbs is the gateway to New Mexicoâ€”the Land of Enchantment. Hobbs is the largest municipality in Lea County, the southeastern-most county of New Mexico's 33 counties, and situated on the far western edge of the Llano Estacado. Like much of southern New Mexico, the Hobbs area represents the best of the â€œhigh desert,â€ with its blue skies and warm sunshine.Hobbs is a city of 49,000 located in the southeastern corner of New Mexico, approximateely 120 miles southwest of Lubbock, TX. The city enjoys a moderate four-season climate. It is a popular site for hang gliding and sail planes. Great also for camping, hiking, and backpacking-a sportmans's niche. Come experience the outdoor fun in the high plains of New Mexico!
Hobbs is a city of 49,000 located in theÂ southeastern corner of New Mexico, approximately 120 miles southwest of Lubbock, TX. Â The city enjoys a moderate four-season climate, is a popular site for hang gliding and sail planes, and is great for camping, hiking, and backpacking - a sportsman's niche. ComeÂ experience the outdoor fun in the high plains of New Mexico!
Adelphi Medical Staffing places physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners for healthcare employers nationwide. We place both full-time and locum tenets opportunities.
Behind every placement is a staff member dedicated to getting it right. Our team of recruiters, consultants and support staff ensures that every provider and client receives excellent customer service. Connecting with each provider’s unique story so that they can find the right job for their lifestyle separates us from other staffing firms.
Learn more at AdelphiMedicalStaffing.com so we can find the job that’s just right for you.