Finance and Accounting Job In Dallas, Texas
Senior Internal AuditorNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Conducts routine and more complex audits of specific operations requiring the development of data, interpretation of intangible or unusual factors, summarization of findings and presentation of recommendations and suggestions, and serves as the lead auditor when necessary.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare related field.
- Must have a minimum of eighteen hours of college level Accounting courses.
- Must have five years of previous operational & financial audit experience in a healthcare environment; OR
- Must have six years of progressively responsible experience doing operational and financial audits in an internal audit environment; OR
- Must have six years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have one or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certification of Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE); OR
- Obtain a required certification within two years of hire date or placement in job.
- Current incumbents without a certification must obtain a required certification by March 18th 2015.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a good listener, be flexible, be able to handle more than one task at a time, and possess good business and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to write a finding in a clear and concise audit report.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Must be proficient with Personal Computer, spreadsheet, communications, flow charting and word-processing software.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to interpret government regulations that applies to Parkland and the ability to employ effective problem solving skills to make appropriate recommendations for process improvement.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.