Neurosurgery Job In Fort Smith, Arkansas
Neuro-Surgery Opening in Ft. Smith, ARNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
AR, Fort Smith – Sparks Regional Medical Center
West AR – 2nd largest city in the state
J1 Visa Assistance Available
Employed Neurosurgery Position Available in West Arkansas – 492 bed hospital! Sparks Regional Medical Center, a 492 bed hospital, in Arkansas’ second largest city, is seeking a BC/BE Neurosurgeon for a Hospital Employed position.
- Call anticipated to be 1:2
- Cranial & Spine required
- 492 bed hospital – new $17M surgery suite – future plans for Neuro ICU
- Office space available across the street from the hospital
Named True West Magazine’s top “True West Town” for 2013, Fort Smith, AR offers historic sites and a scenic riverfront downtown, not to mention thriving retail and culinary treasures. The Fort Smith Region is as diverse and modern as it is beautiful and historic.
- Beautiful scenery - nestled on the Arkansas River and between the Ozark and Boston Mountains.
- Affordable living – consistently ranked among the lowest five in the nation & named the most affordable city by Kiplinger.com in 2010.
- Leader in manufacturing and home to Baldor, Mars, Petcare, Kraft-Planters, & Gerber.
- Local airport with daily flights to Dallas & Atlanta
Our hospital, Sparks Regional Medical Center, has proudly served the community since 1887. Over the past 3 years they have received numerous awards including
- Gold Plus Certification from American Heart & Stroke Associations
- Best Regional Hospital – US News & World Report 2012
- Only local Accredited Chest Pain Center
The new Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine is slated to open in Ft. Smith in the fall of 2016. This complex is projected to have an annual financial impact to the region of $100 million, and will help address the future need for primary care physicians for the local area and across the nation.
Offering a strong recruitment package which may include:
- Base salary & productivity incentives
- Full employee benefits
- Sign On and/or Commencement Bonuses
- CME, Relocation, License expenses
- Possible stipend for the remainder of training
- Medical education loan repayment assistance
Visit Sparks Regional Medical Center: www.sparksphysicians.com and www.Sparkshealth.com
Visit Ft. Smith, AR: http://www.fortsmithar.gov/ & http://www.fortsmith.org/
Nestled in the Arkansas River Valley, between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, Fort Smith is Arkansas's second largest city. Located on the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail, Fort Smith uniquely combines the history of the "Old West" with the gentle charm of the antebellum "Old South," by offering glimpses into its distinctive past through restorations, attractions, museums and festivals. Modern Fort Smith offers a diverse and stable economic base, an educated workforce, professional medical facilities, award-winning schools, outstanding transportation networks and quality of life.
Sparks Regional Medical Center is a 492-bed hospital that provides comprehensive healthcare services to the greater Fort Smith area and beyond. In addition to an acute-care hospital, Sparks Regional's healthcare services include open-heart surgery, an ambulatory care center, sleep lab, and home health agency. The hospital has been recognized for stroke care and has earned The Joint Commission's Certificate of Distinction as a primary stroke center. With a strong history dating back to 1887 as the first hospital in Arkansas, Sparks Regional is constantly striving to meet the area's growing healthcare needs.