Administration & Executive Job In San Francisco, California
Medical Director of Advisory ServicesNext Steps... Apply Now
Sound Physicians Advisory Services is growing and we are looking for experienced and motivated physician leaders to join our team!
The Medical Director of Advisory Services role is an ideal opportunity for an established or upcoming physician leader/executive looking for an administrative position with improved work life balance. As a physician leader you will play a critical role in both group and one on one education within the medical staff.
As the Medical Director of Advisory Services at our partner hospital in San Francisco, CA you will have access to dedicated leadership development resources, including our online proprietary learning and development portal, Sound Institute.
A Day in the Life of a Medical Director of Advisory Services
A day in the life is divided between direct advisory support for the hospital and utilization management activities. You will be able to enjoy a Monday-Friday schedule, generous compensation package including relocation, malpractice with tail insurance, paid CME time-off, paid vacation, retirement and more.
Please enjoy this blog post by Dr. Simon Ahtaridis, to gain more insight into the importance of the Physician Advisory specialty within Sound.
Highlights of the role:
- Make a positive impact by counseling physicians and others regarding decisions when overt quality, ethical, regulatory, and/or financial risks may be incurred
- Serves as a clinical resource on process improvement and best practices
- Sustainable schedule with ample time off
- Use a panel of physician experts in areas outside own expertise to bring specialty knowledge to bear on complex situations
- Dedicated training and development team offering year round opportunities (move this to the top of the list)
Do you have the following credentials and experience?
- MD or DO Licensure within the state of California
- 3 years post-residency experience as an advisor – strongly preferred
- Board Certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP
- Utilization-specific training from ABQAURP (The American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians), or equivalent within 12 months of hire
- Education on application of medical necessity criteria within 3 months of hire
If you are a progressive Physician Leader who wants internal mobility, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.