RN Job In Lodi, California
Registered Nurse – RN BSNNext Steps... Apply Now
DEPARTMENT: Nursing (Progressive Telemetry Unit)
TITLE: Registered Nurse – RN BSN (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Unit Manager/Director, Charge Nurse
SUMMARY: Coordinates care planning with other disciplines involved in patient care. Responsible for delegating to Nurse’s Aides. Demonstrates the ability to meet the needs and provide service to all age groups – adolescent, adult and geriatrics. Competent in providing services for the culturally diverse population Lodi Health serves.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
1. One year of Registered Nurse experience in an acute care facility.
2. Current and valid California State Registered Nurse licensure.
3. Arrhythmia recognition or EKG course within 90 days.
5. ACLS within 90 days.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
2. Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) Certification.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Using the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation, provides direct patient care of the critically ill patient.
2. Demonstrate competence in technical, critical thinking and communication skills in patient care to a culturally diverse patient population.
3. Demonstrates accurate and timely nursing documentation of the patient’s condition and care including developing and updating individualized patient care plans and participating in the interdisciplinary patient education process.
4. Provides written and verbal educational instruction to patient/family.
5. Supervises and directs activities of other care providers, assisting as necessary and delegating when appropriate.
6. Provides a safe work environment for patients, visitors, and employees. Assess risks to patient safety and notifies appropriate supervisor for intervention when necessary.
7. Acts as a patient advocate and maintain patient confidentiality of patient issues.
8. Demonstrates adherence to Lodi Health policies, procedures, standards of behavior, mission, vision values and customer service expectations.
9. Participates in Lodi Health Performance Improvement Program.
10. Understands and practices principles of Standard Precautions. Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
11. Classifies patients according to acuity using the computer information system.
12. Maintains licensure according to state agency directives.
13. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, continuing education classes, conferences and professional journals.
1. Conducts hospital and department business in an ethical and lawful manner, and willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the Lodi Health Compliance Code of Conduct.
2. Will not use or disclose individually identifiable health information of patients over and above that which is minimally required to perform your assigned position responsibilities.
1. Standard hospital environment.
2. Occasional trips to other hospital buildings and sites.
3. Patient care areas where there is potential exposure to blood/borne pathogens or infectious diseases.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the Director or designee, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Lodi Health is a private, not-for-profit health system that strives to improve the quality of life in the community it serves - both in and beyond its walls. As a non-profit, unaffiliated health system, Lodi Health is able to reinvest in talent, technology and physicians to ensure patients receive quality and very personal care.
Since April of 1952 when the Lodi Memorial Hospital's doors first opened, until today, Lodi Health has evolved to meet the changing community's need. In 1952, there were 14,000 residents in Lodi. Today there are 65,000, and the area served beyond Lodi's boundaries has grown to more than a quarter million people.
Over the last 63 years, a lot has changed at Lodi Memorial Hospital. New buildings and wings have been erected. New technologies, like robotic-assisted surgery, have been introduced. Quality physicians and dedicated nurses have worked round the clock. Lodi Memorial Hospital became Lodi Health to encompass all of its services that provide the quality health care you need with the compassion and personal attention you want from the first day of your life and every day thereafter.
Our vision is to be the first choice for health care by providing the highest level of quality, care access, wellness and affordability through partnerships with patients, staff, physicians and the community we serve.
Now, Lodi Health is pleased to join the Adventist Health family, which allows for even greater service in Lodi and its surrounding communities.