Nurse Practitioner Job In Dover, Ohio
Nurse Practitioner / Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant position located 40 miles from Akron / Canton metro area
Dover is a community of 13,000 known for their marvelous wineries and their numerous scenic golf courses. Dover is located just a short distance from Canton, Akron, and Cleveland. With a low cost of living, Dover is appealing for all who desire a suburban lifestyle close to the city.
Each year, Dover is the host of many events celebrating its rich history. The Canal Days Festival fills downtown with families, music and other entertainment during the Memorial Day weekend. The Italian-American Festival celebrates the culture of Tuscarawas County's Italian heritage.
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 154 bed hospital, Union is award-winning not-for-profit, community hospital serving Tuscarawas, Carroll, and surrounding counties in eastern Ohio. In early 2018, Union will be partnering with Cleveland Clinic.
- 300 providers make up the medical staff and the hospital employs more than 800.
- As an Advanced Practice Provider, you will join team of 6 providers: 4 Physicians, 1 Program Chief, and 1 Hospitalist RN.
- Union offers excellent subspecialty support
- Job Duties to include admissions, rounding on patients, and fielding cross-coverage calls
- Prior hospitalist experience, or experience in patient care in a critical care setting is strongly preferred. We are unable to consider new grads at this time
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Position hours are still be determined - at this point would not include nights or weekends
- 40 hours a week, 15 days of PTO annually, and comprehensive benefits package
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.