Nurse Practitioner Job In South Charleston, West Virginia
APP Position in West Virginia's CapitolNext Steps... Apply Now
Charleston, WV – Currently hiring a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant specialized in emergency medicine
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers. We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career.
- 200 bed hospital; 30 Bed ED
- Bedside Ultrasound
- 120 hours per month
- Excellent back up
- Sound Physicians staff and manages the hospital medicine program
- Volume of ED – 33,000
- High Acuity
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in WV required
- Experience preferred but will accept new grads
At Sound Physicians, you’ll work in a practice where we are all proud of the care we give. And, you’ll be supported by outstanding local and regional clinical and business colleague leaders.
Location and Lifestyle
Southern West Virginia is a wonderful place to live, work and play. Boasting four spectacular seasons and one of the Nation’s lowest crime rates, West Virginia is a beautiful and safe place to raise your family and to spend your retirement years. There are great opportunities for continuing education and several agencies in place for those seeking employment.
- Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston which is home to just over 13,000 residents
- Many cultural and recreational activities available including the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center and the Clay Center for Performing Arts
- Easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC and Charlotte
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.