Pediatric Critical Care Job In New Brunswick, New Jersey
Chief Division of Pediatric Critical CareNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Ken Sammut: Sign in to view
The Department of Pediatrics at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is seeking a physician at the Associate Professor/Professor rank to serve as Chief of the Division of Pediatric Critical Care. The physician leader will have a strong clinical and academic background and will be responsible for all clinical, educational, scholarly, and administrative activities of the division.
- The Chief would join 4 full time faculty members who provide 24/7 in house PICU coverage, as well as participate in the pediatric transport program and sedation service
- Recruitment of a 5th full time faculty member is planned
- The clinical services of the division of critical care are conducted in the 20 bed critical/intermediate care unit at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital of the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ.
- This is a 105 bed acute care hospital located on the only pediatric academic health campus in the state of New Jersey
- The Department of Pediatrics has a full complement of pediatric medical and surgical sub-specialists, and outpatient services are provided at the Child Health Institute of New Jersey which also houses our research facility.
- Adjacent to the Children's hospital is the PSE&G Children's Specialized Hospital which is one of the country's largest inpatient acute rehabilitation hospitals for children.
- Across the street is the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey - the only NCI designated center in the state of New Jersey as well as the Ronald MacDonald House.
- As the state's premiere institution, located in central Jersey, there are many opportunities to collaborate across campuses with all the health professional schools and biomedical science schools at the Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences.
- New Brunswick, NJ's nickname is the Health Care City as it is home to a number of leading healthcare institutions.
- Its central location and proximity to highly desired towns in New Jersey and New York City adds to its desirability for professionals to call the area home.
- Having the main campus of Rutgers University centered in New Brunswick offers residents an exciting collegiate sports atmosphere. In addition, the University hosts many other social events that are open to the public.
- Outstanding schools, beautiful homes, and many recreational and social amenities can easily be found throughout the area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level career physician who is a dynamic and dedicated leader. If you desire a professionally rewarding position that includes both clinical and academic duties, I highly recommend you consider this opportunity.
Interested candidates please contact:
Vice President of Recruiting