Orthopedic Trauma Surgery Job In Alabama
Physician | Orthopedic Trauma Director | UABNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call : Sign in to view
Call for Details
Job Description & Requirements
Physician | Orthopedic Trauma Director | UAB
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with the new Department of Orthopedic Surgery, part of University of Alabama Medical School (UAB), to search for a new Section Chief of Ortho-Trauma. This position is available to highly qualified individuals at the rank of Associate Professor and Professor, with fellowship training in Orthopaedic Trauma, and a significant record of clinical, educational, and research success.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery provides comprehensive patient care in the following areas: spinal surgery, adult reconstructive (hip and knee, shoulder and elbow), hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, musculoskeletal oncologic surgery, sports medicine, pediatric orthopaedics, and traumatology. The 5-year residency program offers 30 resident positions with 6 at each level. One year fellowships are available in hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, spine, and orthopedic research. Research activities are conducted in each of the specialty areas. The residency program is fully accredited by the Residency Review Committee of the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education.
UAB is looking for their new “leader” in Ortho-Trauma surgery. This is one of the most attractive opportunities available today.
- Re-establish the legacy of Ortho-Trauma at UAB
- Lead on of the busiest Ortho-Trauma services in the U.S.
- Enjoy a high volume of complex cases and wide mix of pathology
- Top Orthopaedic residency, powerhouse medical school, and world-class research
- Opportunity to start a new Ortho-Trauma fellowship
- New Department of Orthopedics = multiple leadership opportunities
- Academic benefits and highly competitive financials offered BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA
- This metro has grown to 1.2 million and offers a highly desirable lifestyle
- Southeastern location has a moderate year-round warm climate
- Two hours from Atlanta and four hours to Gulf Coast and Atlantic beaches
- Beautiful golf and lakefront communities
- Eclectic shopping, fine-dining, international culture, entertainment, and sports
- Close to two major SEC Universities and four local universities
- Low cost of living—excellent schools—abundance of outdoor recreation
Ortho-trauma fellowship trained or Trauma experience
Call for details.
About the Facility
Call for details.
Call for details.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins Associates, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Merritt Hawkins & Associates® is the nation's leading permanent physician and allied jobs placement service. For more than two decades, we’ve specialized in matching healthcare organizations with providers seeking opportunities to enhance their professional careers and personal lives. Merritt Hawkins fills more permanent physician jobs than any other firm, leading the physician search industry not only in annual revenue but also in the number of available permanent physician jobs, successful placements, and professional endorsements.