Finance and Accounting Job In Dallas, Texas
Senior Vice President, FinanceNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Oversees Accounting (general ledger accounting and financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, PCHP health plan and grants management), Treasury, Decision Support, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Supports the strategic decision making process by providing high level information concerning the financial operations and conditions of Parkland.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Prefer a Master's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of related progressive experience, to include five years of experience at upper management levels.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Prefer a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of internal control systems.
- Must have the ability to explain complex financial matters.
- Must be capable of recruiting, developing and motivating people.
- Must be able to think creatively and strategically, in order to develop and implement management procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of hospital organization and operations, administrative standards, regulations and practices within three months of employment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.