General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Tucson, Arizona
Physician - Administration - Psychiatry Job in Tucson, AZNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF PHYSICIANS LEADERS WITH BANNER HEALTH IN AN ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE. This a part-time position (.6 FTE) based out of Tucson with minimal travel to Phoenix.
The Medical Director will participate in the development of standards governing the availability of Behavioral Health services within the various plans according to regulations; will recommend operational changes to reflect such standards and shall direct the medical operations to achieve cost containment and control within the limits of the standards. Working with Health Plan leadership, the Medical Director is responsible for overseeing the quality, utilization, pharmacy, and credentialing functions of the Plans and for assessing the quality of care rendered by providers contracted with the Plan.
Qualifications and essential functions include:
- Experienced Board Certified Physician, minimum 5 years medical practice experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of managed care operations, reimbursement models, medical protocols and criteria, and peer review statutes as normally obtained through 5 years of medical practice experience
- Experience with complex case management and familiarity with review of clinical care
- Current knowledge of clinical protocols, reimbursement challenges, and managed care principles
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels within the organization, as well as outside parties. Experience with hospital organized medical staff, managed care organizations, and continuous quality improvement activities
- Proven experience and track record of predicting the futuristic relevancy and applicability of innovative industry trends, both technological and programmatic.
- Experience in leading physician groups, including group facilitation, leadership development, team-building, performance management, and driving cultural change, as well as working with physicians to strategize and develop measurable improvements the quality of clinical care and patient satisfaction. Proven experience implementing a continuous improvement culture.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a patient-centered, healing culture and proven track record of partnering with medical staff to achieve desired facility-specific and organizational outcomes.
- Knowledge of modern national trends in hospital technology, quality and patient safety. Knowledge of health care reform, population health management, and ACO trends and developments.
Banner Health is a national health care network with 28 hospitals in seven western states (13 in Arizona) and is recognized for its leadership and commitment to the communities we serve. We offer highly integrated and innovative environments, a collaborative team workplace and a clinical setting that focuses on patient excellence.
Banner Health offers a competitive salary plus incentives.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Banner Health is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the country with twenty-eight hospitals (15 in Arizona), six long term care centers and an array of other services, including primary care and specialty clinics, home care services and home medical equipment, in six Western states and is recognized for its leadership and dedication to the communities we serve. In addition, Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine; research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
We welcome you to explore the opportunity to be a key contributor within our award-winning network of hospitals, clinics, research facilities and physician practices.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.