Nurse Practitioner Job In Wallingford, Connecticut
Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now
Wallingford, Connecticut – Currently Hiring Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner
Wallingford’s central location allows easy access to New York City and is less than 30 minutes from Hartford and New Haven. Wallingford Public School System is amongst the best in New England and is also home to Choate Rosemary Hall, one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. John F Kennedy is one of many prominent alumni from Choate Rosemary! There is plenty of fine dining to choose from and two wineries in town and also the historic Oakdale Theatre. A plethora of public parks, golf courses, tennis courts, and low tax rates are just a few reasons Wallingford is an ideal place to raise a family.
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
- 120 bed Non-Profit Specialty Hospital
- Established 10 physician team with 1 advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Geographic rounding model
- Two floors of varying acuity of patients
- M-F schedule-flexible hours, no weekends
- State-of-the-Art Facility; completely renovated in 2008
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
The APP Hospitalist Role
- Experience with independent panel of patients
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiting hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover in the rehabilitation department in the evening
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in CT and certification in ACLS required. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidates with 2 or more years of recent acute care experience
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.