General Surgery Job In Tucson, Arizona
Physician - General Surgery - Breast Surgery Job in Tucson, AZNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
The Division of Surgery at Banner University Medical Center – Tucson is actively recruiting for a Breast Surgeon to join an established team of nationally known specialists. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician with a passion for academics to join our clinical faculty team at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment with the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
Banner University Medical Center – Tucson
1501 N. Campbell Avenue
Banner University Medical Center – North Campus
3838 N. Campbell Avenue
University of Arizona Cancer Center - Orange Grove Campus
1891 W. Orange Grove Rd
- 1.0 FTE (.95 Clinical, .05 Teaching)
- Average number of patients per day: 20
- Clinical Responsibilities: breast biopsy, benign breast surgery, mastectomy, partial mastectomy, sentinel lymph node biopsy, axillary dissection; surgeons with expertise in additional surgical oncology procedures (melanoma, sarcoma) will be considered
- OP 2-3 days/week, OR 1-2 days/week, IP as needed
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Surgical oncology and/or breast fellowship training preferred
- Proven ability to see and manage a high volume of patients
- Strong leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary oncology team
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center – Tucson
- Nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research.
- The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- Our specialty services include an NCI-designated cancer center providing comprehensive cancer care, comprehensive heart care, advanced neuroscience techniques, and a multi-organ transplant program.
- Diamond Children's Medical Center is located on the campus providing specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.
- We are Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, caring for the most critically injured patients.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
Banner Health is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the country with twenty-eight hospitals (15 in Arizona), six long term care centers and an array of other services, including primary care and specialty clinics, home care services and home medical equipment, in six Western states and is recognized for its leadership and dedication to the communities we serve. In addition, Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine; research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
We welcome you to explore the opportunity to be a key contributor within our award-winning network of hospitals, clinics, research facilities and physician practices.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.