Nurse Midwife Job In Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Lead Certified Nurse MidwifeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
We are looking for a Lead Certified Nurse Midwife to join our baby+co. team in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. The Lead Midwife provides clinical direction and oversight at their center. Together with the Center Manager she/he is responsible for ensuring a positive and consistent client experience and for the overall performance of the center.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Provide clinical direction for the center, including: leading the center’s quality management team; identifying and coordinating any training needs; and problem solving any day-to-day clinical concerns.
· Manage the clinical team. All clinical staff at the center report to the Lead Midwife. She is responsible for managing their performance and overall job satisfaction including coordinating orientation for all new clinical staff; setting the clinical schedule; and managing clinical employee professional development and training needs.
· Ensure smooth functioning of clinical operations, delegating individual duties across the team. This involves assigning colleagues to support orientation of new clinical staff and students, working on quality improvement and assurance plan, data tracking activities, CABC accreditation and licensure, simulation and drills, up-to-date on-site pharmacy and supplies, community engagement and other projects as they arise.
· Manage relationship with key external stakeholders including: the center’s Medical Director; the clinical leadership at our partner hospital; EMS; and other clinical partners.
· Serve as primary clinical face of the center with clients and other community stakeholders, including fielding any complaints from clients.
· Manage overall center performance, in partnership with the Center Manager. Together they are responsible for setting a strong and supportive team environment; ensuring an exceptional client experience; facilitating the smooth functioning of the center and ensuring high morale and job satisfaction. This will involve cross communication regarding clinical activity, performance measures, financial goals, and patient satisfaction. The Lead CNM should also directly communicate with the Regional Director and the corporate body.
· Graduation from an accredited nurse-midwifery program
· Current certification from AMCB
· Current licensure as a CNM in CO, or eligibility for licensure
· Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification
· Five or more years in continuous, full-scope practice
· Some experience in both hospital and out of hospital birth
· Evidence of caring for women supporting normal physiologic birth choices
· Experience leading high performance projects and/or teams
· High recommendation from all professional references
baby+co. is a women's health + family wellness center focused on natural birth + all things pregnancy, offering a range of services that include well-woman care, pre-conception planning, pre-and post-natal care and in-center birth.
At baby+co. we believe in making healthcare personal again, by educating + empowering our clients to choose the parenting journey that is right for them. We embrace those decisions with dedication and through the support of our midwives, educators, health coaches and clinical teams.
When a family joins baby+co. they join our community of moms + dads who are there to support one another through our onsite wellness seminars, exercise classes and social activities.
At baby+co., nothing makes us smile more than happy + healthy moms, babies + families!