Radiologic Technologist Job In Dallas, Texas
Mammography TechnologistNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for the filming and developing of routine to complex quality breast images to the standards of PHHS, State and Federal regulations.
- Must be a graduate of a JCERT accredited school or program.
- Must be a graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- Must have two years of experience in the performance of mammography to include assisting with biopsies and needle localizations preferred.
- Must have a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification from Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) or Texas Medical Board.
- Must have ARRT Advanced Certification in Mammography.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job from one of the following: American Heart Association, American Red Cross Rescuer, Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Prefer successful completion of the Spanish Language Oral Skills Assessment examination prior to employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced computer skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to instruct, lead and supervise Mammography - Technologist I and II.
- Must be able to demonstrate routine to complex positioning ability to achieve images which meet American College of Radiology criteria for appropriate views.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to perform a team lift when setting up and removing moveable steps to the mobile mammography van.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.