General Surgery Job In La Porte, Indiana
General Surgery position in Northwest Indiana - 90 minutes from ChicagoNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jenny Lee: Sign in to view
La Porte Hospital is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified General Surgeon to join its hospital-employed team (group). Practice specifics:
- 1:4 Call Rotation
- Minimally invasive trained, Robotic preferred
- Coverage at two hospitals within same network (Knox and Starke facilities)
- Network physician-led governance council
- Reason for Search: Succession planning, replacement, supply/demand - shortage of 4.7 Surgeons in Primary/Secondary Service area.
- Seven total General Surgeons in service area (of which two are employed by Franciscan and 1 by Beacon).
- Group has 20+ years in community
A position with "La Porte Physician Network" offers work-life balance in a progressive, family-oriented community and the following:
- Competitive compensation package including an income guarantee with bonus incentive
- Recruitment Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Payment
- Education Stipend
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance with CME Days
- 401K with 50% match
- Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Disability Package
La Porte Hospital Description
La Porte Hospital has been the heart of healthcare in La Porte for more than 40 years, with a mission of improving the health of their patients and communities. Nestled in a bedroom community on the southern shore of Lake Michigan, about 60 miles east of Chicago, and surrounded by inland lakes and parks, La Porte Hospital is the anchor business of the historic downtown. At 227 licensed beds, the hospital provides exceptional acute care with strong programs in cardiology (Certified Primary Stroke Center), orthopedics, surgical services, emergency care, and maternal health. La Porte Health System also comprises Lakeshore Surgicare (outpatient surgery center), La Porte Physician Network (multi-specialty medical group of more than 75 physicians in about 40 locations), Wellness and Rehabilitation Services, Sports Medicine, Occupational Services, and Urgent Care, among others. The hospital will break ground on a new hospital in 2018, to open in 2020. Join us and be a part of our NEW hospital!