Medical Director Job In Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Florida Regional Medical DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now
The Regional Medical Director (RMD) is responsible for the overall performance of Sound’s hospitalist programs at our partner hospitals in an assigned region. The RMD has the responsibility for supervising the Chief Hospitalist at each hospital and for ensuring that each of the hospital programs are implemented and continuously improved upon.
- Strong leadership talents and works well in a distributed team-based environment. Able to present a strong leadership presence to hospitalist teams
- Experienced and organized multi-tasking manager
- A positive attitude with a high degree of energy
- An effective and persuasive communicator who is comfortable speaking with all levels of a hospital administration team and medical staff
- Excellent reputation as a clinician with strong diagnostic and a calm and rational approach to problem solving
The RMD displays an appreciation of the “big picture” and serves as a unifying and supportive influence across all Sound sites. This individual possesses strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
Along with the Chief Medical Officer, the RMD will assume the vital role of monitoring Quality Assurance and Improvement. There are in place several programs which address this complex issue from different angles. The RMD will assist in analyzing this data, monitoring these programs and developing concrete solutions to ensure the continued delivery of excellent medical care.
- Minimal shift requirement usually between seven and eight clinical shifts per month
- Benefit from competitive compensation, health benefits, professional liability, 401K contributions, WRVU-based productivity bonuses and paid relocation expenses
- Ideal candidate will have flexibility to travel to multiple sites within Florida
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.