General Patient Care Job In Dallas, Texas
Unit Tech - Post PartumNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Coordinates patient care and clerical needs by acting as the primary contact for the unit, while assisting and responding to information requests from doctors, nurses, patients, patient families and others to effectively service unit staff and customers by providing a permanent information resource within the unit.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course; OR,
- Must have a medical assistant certificate; OR
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school; OR,
- Must have one year of related clerical experience; OR,
- Must successfully complete Parkland¿s job specific training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in performing a variety of patient care and clerical duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexible work habits and skill at setting priorities.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to perform a variety of assigned duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient center/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.