Nurse Practitioner Job In East Norriton, Pennsylvania
Critical Care Advanced Practice ProviderNext Steps... Apply Now
Norriton, Pennsylvania – Intensivist Nurse Practitioner – 30 minutes north of Philadelphia!
Located just thirty minutes northeast of Philadelphia, Norriton offers the quaint sububan lifestyle with an abundance of shopping, dining, boutique and family run shops. The area boasts a great community for young families; safe, excellent public school system, solid housing, and economic opportunity.
As an Advance Practice Provider (APP) with Sound - The Intensivist Group, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams.
The Critical Care APP works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team under the direction of the Intensivist. You will practice evidence based medicine in keeping with protocols and processes designed and utilized by The Intensivist Group Critical Care program in the ICU.
The Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role
The Critical Care AP manages the critical care related problems and diagnoses patients assigned by the Intensivist. The Critical Care AP will also assist and perform procedures in the ICU, under the supervision of the Intensivist. Additionally, the Critical Care APP will perform daily follow up visits to select patients, chosen by the Intensivist, who have been transferred out of the ICU to a step down unit to help in the transition of care and to prevent ICU readmission.
- 171 bed, state of the art hospital built in 2012
- Established two physician team with two advanced practitioners
- 14-bed medical/surgical ICU
- Intensivist will lead a multidisciplinary health team in the ICU using evidence based protocols to provide the highest standard of care to patients in the community
- 12-hour, in-house day shift coverage with the support of intensivist telemedicine coverage in the evenings. Advanced Practice Provider will work a 10-hour day shift, 7 on/ 7 off.
- Access our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Valid APP license in Pennsylvania
- Current certification required
- Advanced Practice degree from an accredited program
- Minimum of two years of experience in critical care preferred.
We invest in our colleagues and believe that every provider is a leader in their hospital. You will start with a comprehensive on boarding process and participate in training courses, ranging from Crucial Conversations® to process improvement, using a combination of in-person and online training options.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.