Clerical/General Office Job In Palmetto Bay, Florida
Assistant Clinical ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Assist the Clinical Manager with the supervision of clinical services in the office. Perform clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Assist the Clinical Manager with supervising the training and development of the clinical staff.
- Assist the Clinical Manager with the development and maintenance of a productive and positive work environment.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with monitoring and improvement of office flow and work efficiency.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with providing great customer service to our patients and families.
- Assists Clinical Manager in monitoring employee daily time swipes, overtime and paid time off
- Strives to achieve the goals set by the office budget and learn dashboard
- Supports the Clinical Manager with completion of management tasks including but not limited to: Vaccine and supplies inventory and ordering, temperature excursion management, ADP management, employee relations management, staff supervision and coaching, customer service management, etc.
- Functions as “Acting Clinical Manager” in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
- Functions as a “Mentor/Trainer” for new hires and employees needing remediation, as needed.
- Assists Clinical Manager in the supervision of individual staff assignments
- Participates and contributes in meetings
- Utilizes positive and constructive management skills to build collaboration and teamwork.
- Competent in all clinical phone responsibilities
- Understands, assists with and supervises the processing of medical record requests
- Demonstrates individual initiative
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems
- Oversees stocking (vaccine refrigerator, exam rooms and stations) and cleaning (exam rooms, bathrooms and nurse’s stations), as needed
- Understands and participates in the interview, hiring and development of new employees
- Resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and tactfully
- Assists and participates in the supervision of staff and future leadership development
- Knowledgeable in how to clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Prepares treatment rooms for patients’ examinations and keeps the rooms neat, clean and stocked
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Measures and records patient’s vital signs
- Responsible in making sure that patient information is complete (immunization records, allergy, newborn screening)
- Prepares patients properly and efficiently for patient care
- Responsible for obtaining the health record update
- Assists physicians in patient care, medical procedures and emergency situations
- Performs sensory screenings as needed
- Completes any necessary forms for patients
- Obtains pertinent medical information from outside sources
- Sets up home therapies for patients
- Ability to educate patients on usage of asthma devices
- Ensures that all samples are checked for expiration dates
- Administers immunizations and medications as per protocol
- Adheres to OSHA and safety requirements
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
High School Diploma or equivalent.
L.P.N. or R.N. or M/A diploma required, active CPR certification
Prefer one to three years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer desired.
Beautiful beaches, golfing, fishing, kayaking, dancing, dining, sailing, shopping...
We have it all! Florida offers a lifestyle that suits every taste, and our physicians take full advantage of life in the sunshine. Physicians at Pediatric Associates enjoy family friendly neighborhoods and great schools as much as they enjoy the exciting nightlife and dining scene of places like South Beach. Pediatric Associates has locations throughout South Florida and Tampa.
Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. Since then, our physicians have cared for four generations of families with our first patients now bringing their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to our practice. The company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations staffed by multiple physicians. We were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available.
Currently, our 28 neighborhood locations are staffed by more than 180 providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and St. Lucie counties.