RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Nurse Educator - PRNNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for coordinating education for Parkland professional nursing staff and unlicensed assistive personnel with regard to orientation and continuing education to ensure that staff are credentialed, and able to demonstrate current competencies and meet professional and Parkland nursing standards of practice in assigned areas.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Master's degree in nursing preferred.
- Must have four years of clinical experience.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Must certified as a CPR Instructor or obtain within six months of employment/placement in classification.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with professional nursing staff, medical staff and allied health professionals attending or lecturing in classes.
- Must have superior writing skills to compose course outlines, objectives and manuals.
- Must demonstrate competence in technical skills and knowledge related to assigned clinical area.
- Must be organized and creative in the educational process for both individual and large group classes.
- Must have exemplary clinical skills in assigned area of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.