Medical Director Job In Houston, Texas
Medical DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Scott: Sign in to view
Houston in Brief
The nation’s fourth largest city, Houston is a hub of international business located in southeast Texas. The sprawling metropolis is a culinary powerhouse, a significant cultural center, and a recreational paradise, offering its diverse population a mix of big-city sophistication and down-home western tradition.
The Houston File
- Education. More than 30 independent school districts operate in Harris County, and many of them have received awards of excellence from the state of Texas.
- Real Estate. Houston offers excellent housing choices in both urban neighborhoods and outlying communities; housing costs are 26 percent below the national average.
- Family. Houston is a very family-oriented community; local activities and festivals catering to children and their parents are abundant.
- Culture. Houston is a mecca for culture, offering everything from world-class museums and galleries to performing arts including ballet, symphony, opera and theater.
- Recreation. Houston has more than 165 golf courses and is third largest pleasure boat basin in the U.S. Residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Weather. Houston’s temperate climate sustains tropical vegetation and is known for its humidity; highs range from the 90s in the summer to the 60s in the winter.
Houston Fun Fact
Houston was founded in 1836, 10 years before Texas became a state, by brothers who paid just over $1.40 an acre for 6,642 acres of land near the headwaters of the Buffalo Bayou.