Family Medicine Job In Largo, Florida
Primary Care Physician for Largo (Bryan Dairy)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Company: DaVita Medical Group Profession/Specialty: Family Medicine Location: Largo, Florida 33770 Job Type:Employee Posted:2017-11-03
Job DescriptionEOENext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
At DaVita Medical Group, it’s so much more than a place where you can practice medicine.
We believe in creating a community that helps our teammates thrive both professionally and personally. We are on a mission to become the provider, partner and employer of choice.
As one of the nation’s leading independent medical groups, our vision is to build the Greatest Health Care Community the World has Ever Seen. For more than 25 years, we have done our best to deliver outstanding clinical care and exceptional patient experience to keep our communities healthy. Our organization includes the following locations: CA, CO, FL, NM, NV, PA and WA. Learn why over 2,000 clinicians nationwide have already selected DaVita Medical Group as the right place to grow and develop their careers.
We are seeking a Primary Care Physician to join our talented team!
The Primary Care Physicia n acts under the direction and supervision of a Center, Associate, or Corporate Medical Director. The physician provides direct patient care in accordance with DaVita Medical Group practice policies, relevant state and federal regulations, and within the limits of their experience, training and privileges.
Recommend, order, and evaluate diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions. Conduct comprehensive or episodic health assessments of patients with acute or chronic health problems in order to establish medical diagnoses. Monitor medical, radiographic, laboratory and any other diagnostic parameters associated with patient care. Monitor therapeutic procedures, assess and manage/modify follow-up plans. Prescribe and regulate medications in accordance with Florida Statutes. Record and document health appraisal data necessary to maintain and coordinate health care needs and maintain a medical record. Consult and refer t o other health care providers as indicated by individual patient needs. Conduct patient assessments including triage; educate patients on preventive health care (to include family/next of kin) and acute care follow-up as needed. Diagnose and treat emergency conditions in accordance with BCLS guidelines as indicated. Round at hospitals/SNF’s if required, take call on rotating basis, and provide timely care to patients. Perform other duties as required.
* MD/DO degree from accredited medical school and residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
* Possess a current and valid Florida state license and DEA.
* Board eligible or board certified. If eligible, able to achieve and maintain certification within 2 years of joining DaVita.
* Managed care experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of basic primary care principles, theory and practice and ability to stay current with recent developments.
* Ability to perform approved clinical tasks including but not limited to: Evaluate and treat patient needs, emergency triage, prescribe and administer prescribed medications, prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patient in health measures and self-care.
* Ability to instruct/guide center clinical staff.
* Ability to document and report findings and observations.
* See patients in a timely and efficient manner consistent with DaVita access standards.
* Ability to write prescriptions and make referrals for non-PCP care (specialty care, radiology, etc.).
* Ability to care for patients in an office, hospital, SNF, and custodial setting and obtain relevant credentials and maintain them.
* Physically capable of providing on-site emergency treatment in life threatening situations.
* Must be able to travel between DaVita clinics or contracted facilities (Hospital, SNF, custodial, etc.) on a regular basis and Corporate (as necessary).
* Strong patient assessment skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently and document clearly in the medical record.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language a plus.
* Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with patients, physicians, staff and vendors.
* Knowledge of Allscripts a plus.
* Ability to perform minor dermatologic office procedures preferred.
* Ability to perform well-woman exams preferred.
* Ability to become credentialed and maintain credentials with all DaVita participating health plans.
* Ability to be eligible for DaVita provided medical malpractice insurance.
* Ability to function as a center leader.
* Ability to round at hospitals / SNF's (as necessary) and also take call on rotating basis.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of all the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you’re looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cm9zYS5yYW1pcmV6LjI1MDE1Ljg0MTFAaGVhbHRoY2FyZXBhcnRuZXJzLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ