Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Job In Palm Springs, California
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation + Acute Rehab Medical Directorship - Palm Springs, CANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Melanie Yenchai: Sign in to view
Desert Regional Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialist for a full time practice opportunity which includes a Medical Directorship of a 12 bed Adult Acute Rehabilitation Unit, the most established service of its kind available in the Coachella Valley. As the Director of the Unit, the new physician will be responsible for providing inpatient care as well as administrative services:
· 20 hours per week of Medical Directorship activities - Dedicated to spending time on the Acute Rehab unit.
· Assist with screening new referrals to the Acute rehab- Review and approve pre-admit screens
· Act as attending Physician for acute rehab patients. Average daily census of 8-10 patients. Availability for after-hours calls as needed.
· Increase Hospital’s outpatient therapy program footprint, be available for inpatient consultations
· Develop educational programs for Hospital’s medical staff
· Directing family conferences, leadership meetings, and interdisciplinary team care conferences
· Reviewing, assessing, and making recommendations regarding policies and procedures, as well as reports of patient service to promote effective utilization management and quality of patient care.
· Opportunity to establish your own private practice with financial assistance from hospital, or to be employed with an affiliated Multi-Specialty Group that offers salary guarantee, productivity bonus and a comprehensive benefits plan.
BC PM&R preferred but will consider other BC specialists with Acute Rehab experience. Position offers a competitive compensation package including salary guarantee plus Director Stipend options.
Palm Springs is located in Southern California's Coachella Valley, with a year round population of approximately 500,000 people. Aside from being a popular retirement destination, young families continue to migrate into the Valley every year making this one of the fastest growing regions in California. The Coachella Valley boasts a variety of annual festivals and a host of highly-acclaimed events that bring culture, music, sports, entertainment, shopping and a variety of cuisine to thousands of locals and visitors each year. With its year round sunshine It is a playground for outdoor enthusiasts and within a 2 ½ hour drive you can be in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego or the local Ski Resorts.
Must be BC. California licensed, or in process, is highly preferred. Please submit CV for immediate consideration.
Palm Springs and La Quinta are in Southern California's Coachella Valley where approximately 500,000 people reside. This beautiful Desert region, nestled at the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains, offers daily sunshine and an abundance of shopping, restaurants, sports and cultural activities. Just a little farther away you can enjoy snow sports in Big Bear Mountain and water sports at the Colorado River. Getting to Los Angeles, San Diego and the beaches of Orange County is about a 2 hour drive.
As the regional medical center in the Coachella Valley, Desert Regional Medical Center's vision is the continuous improvement of the health and well-being of the communities we serve. A commitment to clinical excellence shall be demonstrated through measurable quality outcomes, while ongoing financial stability will enable Desert Regional Medical Center to fulfill its mission and attain its vision.
Desert Regional Medical Center has been addressing the needs of the Palm Springs region since 1951.
One of the region's largest and most comprehensive medical facilities, Desert Regional Medical Center is a bustling 367 bed acute care regional medical center that is home to the Coachella Valley's only designated trauma center.
Located in the city of Palm Springs, Desert Regional Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of services that includes: Emergency/Trauma Services, Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Women and Infants Center, Institute of Clinical Orthopedics and Neurosciences, Bariatric Specialists, the Cardiovascular Institute of Palm Springs, Wellness Center, Health Key Plus senior membership program, and inpatient acute and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Part of Tenet California, provider of health care services, Desert Regional Medical Center is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.