LPN Job In Lakeland, Florida
LPN or Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine - Full TimeNext Steps... Apply Now
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE NEED TO BE AN LPN OR A MEDICAL ASSISTANT
LPN Requirements are:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing and hold an active Florida state license.
Experience: Preferred one-year experience in a health care facility.
Other Requirements: CPR certification within three months of employment.
- Identifies and evaluates patient needs by way of telephone triage.
- Administers medication including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physician as required by specialty.
- Identifies patient and family education needs and provides instruction.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations as appropriate.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedures when documenting information in patient’s medical record.
- Facilitates the flow of patients to maintain the integrity of the physician’s office.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT Requirements are:
Education: High school diploma or GED. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Assistant Certification by the American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required.
Experience: Prior experience or training in ambulatory health care facility.
Other Requirements: CPR certification to be completed within three months of employment.
- Summons and prepares patient for office visit.
- Assists the physician with medical office procedures
- Administers medication, including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physicians as required by specialty.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedure when documenting information in patient’s medical record.
- Maintains the integrity of the office
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current certification in CPR.
- Accepts responsibility for reading and referencing new policies and procedures and Nursing Update newsletters.
Located between Tampa Bay beaches and Orlando attractions, Lakeland is a growing city supported by a variety of robust businesses and families of all ages. Although the population continues to grow, the city's cost of living and taxes are among the lowest in the state and NO STATE INCOME TAX!
Lakeland is within an hour of 2 major airports, Tampa and Orlando International, and is conveniently located near Interstate 4 (I-4) along the stretch of Florida's High Tech Corridor. Our centralized location ensures a healthy environment where locally owned shops and restaurants thrive, as well as the largest manufacturers and nationally recognized companies such as Geico Insurance, FedEx, Publix supermarkets and Rooms-To-Go Furniture.
With year-round moderate weahter, 243 days of sunshine, and some of the country's best sports teams and world-renowned attractions, Lakeland is a fun and fulfilling place to live. Lakeland also harbors a medley of cultural treats such as the internationally known architecutre of Frank Lloyd Wright on the campus of Florida Southern College and the Imperial Symphony Orchestra. Residents enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including water skiing, fishing, boating, cycling and golf. Close to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, NFL's Tampa Bay Bucs, NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening, MBL's Tampa Bay Rays, and Legoland. Lakeland is also the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers with Clinic physicians serving as the offical medical provider for their Florida operation.
Since 1941, Watson Clinic has built a reputation for healthcare excellence, epitomizing the highest standards in expertise, technology and service. These qualities also distinguish our staff, as they are inspired by our warm, friendly and professional atmosphere. As a member of the Watson Clinic team, you are a member of our family and play a crucial role in benefiting the lives of every patient we serve. With our emphasis on quality service, a positive work environment, and our mission of improving the wellness of our community, it's easy to understand why Watson Clinic is one of Central Florida's premier places to work.
The truest measurement of the Watson Clinic difference lies in the bright minds and compassionate spirits of our people. We hope you will choose to make Watson Clinic part of your future, as only the best and most talented will be chosen to carry on the Clinic's legacy.