Nurse Practitioner Job In Largo, Florida
Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Inpatient Glycemic Optimization Nurse Practitioner
Be a part of implementing a cutting-edge program to improve glucose control for hospitalized patients!
Glycemic Optimization Nurse Practitioner opportunity. Hospital-based inpatient only position managing patients’ glucose values throughout the hospital. Preferred at least 2-year experience caring for patients in internal medicine, acute care, chronic disease management or endocrinology setting and prior experience in leadership or program development. Strong communication and change management skills must be demonstrated from prior experience.
Will provide training in specialized diabetes management and inpatient glucose control.
• Provide consultation services, in conjunction with the supervising physician, for hospital providers to manage patients with hyperglycemia in the adult Med/Surg, EDand critical care areas
• Facilitate adoption and optimize utilization of software-guided insulin dosing tool for IV and subQ insulin as well as training and empowering nursing super users to assist appropriate usage
• Identify patients that would benefit from Glycemic Optimization program and communicate with other providers
• Help patients manage their well-being through patient education
• Identify knowledge gaps and educate Physicians, Residents, Pharmacists and Nurses regarding Glycemic Optimization to provide consistent and high-quality care
• Lead monthly multi-disciplinary Glycemic Optimization meetings with key hospital leaders to share program metrics of both adoption and clinical outcomes while identifying and implementing program improvements
• Hours: M-F, 7:00a – 3:30p or flexible
• Inpatient only
• Masters of Science degree in Nursing
• National certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
• Current APRN or Physician Assistant active license
• BLS/ACLS Certification
• Two years practice experience preferred
• Employment through HCA Physician Services Group with full benefits
• 401K and CME allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a NP to become trained and proficient in a cutting edge program with exceptional results.
Today, Largo is a community of more than 70,000 residents and continues to grow through voluntary annexation. Over the last 10 years, the City has developed such landmark projects as Largo Central Park and the Largo Cultural Center. Downtown redevelopment is currently underway, and plans are in place to open a new, 93,000 square-foot library in 2005. From the days of its pioneer roots to today, Largo remains your City of Progress.
Largo Medical Center is a 256-bed hospital located in mid-Pinellas County on the west coast of Florida. They provide comprehensive diagnostic, medical, surgical, emergency and rehabilitation services for people of all ages, and their specialty programs include the Largo Heart Institute, Pain Treatment Center, Diabetes Education Center, an accredited Cancer Program and Women's Services. Thanks to an outstanding medical staff and dedicated employees, Largo Medical Center has earned a national reputation for quality.