Nurse Practitioner Job In Nyack, New York
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner job located 45 Minutes from New York City
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The Team – The Hospital
- 375 bed, community hospital
- Affiliated with Montefiore Health System
- Academically affiliated – Touro Osteopathic School of Medicine
- 14 physician team with Program Manager, Hospitalist RN, and Transitional Care RN
- Hospitalists run codes (primarily medical management) after airway is placed
- Open ICU with intensivist support from Sound's critical care physicians
- No procedures required
- EMR – McKesson
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
The APP Hospitalist Role
- Day shift hours – 7 am – 7 pm; 7 on / 7 off
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Ability to practice independently
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York .Will consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience.
- Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 1 year with recent acute care experience as an APP
In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Location and Lifestyle
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physician’s with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorships.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.