At DaVita Medical Group, it’s so much more than a place where you can practice medicine.
We believe in creating a community that helps our teammates thrive both professionally and personally. We are on a mission to become the provider, partner and employer of choice.
We are seeking an Outpatient Primary Care Physician to join our talented team Main Street, Dunedin, FL!
Our vision is to build the Greatest Health Care Community the World has Ever Seen. For more than 25 years, we have delivered outstanding clinical care and exceptional patient experience. We are located in CA, CO, FL, NM, NV and WA.
Our physicians work Monday - Friday, 8–5, seeing average of 15-20 adult patients per day in the office with shared after-hours call (phone only).
DMG physicians enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including:
* 4 weeks paid time off
* 8 paid holidays
* 5 CME days and $$
* malpractice insurance
* medical / dental / vision insurance
* 401K, life and disability insurance, and much more
DaVita Medical Group is one of the largest healthcare groups in Florida, with over 90 offices in the Greater Tampa Bay, Orlando, and South Florida areas.
We are committed to providing quality health care, well care and preventative care for each of our patient members.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Florida license and be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
* MD/DO degree from accredited medical school and residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
* Possess a current and valid Florida state license and DEA.
* Board eligible or board certified. If eligible, able to achieve and maintain certification within 2 years of joining DaVita.
* Managed care experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of basic primary care principles, theory and practice and ability to stay current with recent developments.
* Ability to perform approved clinical tasks including but not limited to: Evaluate and treat patient needs, emergency triage, prescribe and administer prescribed medications, prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patient in health measures and self-care.
* Ability to instruct/guide center clinical staff.
* Ability to document and report findings and observations.
* See patients in a timely and efficient manner consistent with DaVita access standards.
* Ability to write prescriptions and make referrals for non-PCP care (specialty care, radiology, etc.).
* Ability to care for patients in an office, hospital, SNF, and custodial setting and obtain relevant credentials and maintain them.
* Physically capable of providing on-site emergency treatment in life threatening situations.
* Must be able to travel between DaVita clinics or contracted facilities (Hospital, SNF, custodial, etc.) on a regular basis and Corporate (as necessary).
* Strong patient assessment skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently and document clearly in the medical record.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language a plus.
* Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with patients, physicians, staff and vendors.
* Knowledge of Allscripts a plus.
* Ability to perform minor dermatologic office procedures preferred.
* Ability to perform well-woman exams preferred.
* Ability to become credentialed and maintain credentials with all DaVita participating health plans.
* Ability to be eligible for DaVita provided medical malpractice insurance.
* Ability to function as a center leader.
* Ability to round at hospitals / SNF's (as necessary) and also take call on rotating basis.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of all the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you’re looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cm9zYS5yYW1pcmV6LjM4MDc1Ljg0MTFAaGVhbHRoY2FyZXBhcnRuZXJzLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ