Nurse Practitioner Job In New Bern, North Carolina
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
- 350-bed, community hospital - Five Star Quality Rating, Newsweek's 2019 World's Best Hospitals, Outstanding Patient Experience Award, Women's Choice Award-Orthopedics, Women's Choice Award- Heart Care, and more!
- Established team with 20 physicians and 5 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes
- No call / no procedures
- Schedule: 7am-7pm (12-hr shifts)
- Part-time option available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in North Carolina. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – minimum of 3+ years with recent acute care experience required.
Location & Lifestyle
Life on in “Crystal Coast” offers stunning waterfront parks, outdoor recreation, chic downtown, historic homes, a vibrant art scene, and more! Enjoy a small town with a big city feel amidst historic charm - this coastal city is energetic and relaxing!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.