Nurse Practitioner Job In New Bern, North Carolina
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
CarolinaEast Health System serves the entire coastal North Carolina region. This facility includes a diagnostic center, surgery center, home care, and a rehabilitation hospital.
- 350-bed hospital with excellent subspecialty support
- An established team of 25 physicians and 5 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalist physicians run codes; No call environment
- Closed ICU; Intensivist covers during the day
- Procedure experience preferred
- Access to our proprietary learning platform,?SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
They have been recognized for many awards, including:
- 2018 Women’s Choice Award for “America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics”
- 2018 Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina’s “Blue Center of Distinction + for Maternity Care”
- 2018 "Top Five Hospital in North Carolina" by Business North Carolina magazine
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in North Carolina. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Not open to new grads – minimum of 3+ years with recent acute care experience required.
Location & Lifestyle
New Bern, NC has a population of 29,590 people and is a riverfront city near the coast. It is the birthplace of Pepsi Cola and the Tryon Palace. There is lots do in this city, including:
- North Carolina History Center
- Union Point Park
- New Bern Historical Society Civil War Battlefield Park
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.