Finance and Accounting Job In Concord, California
Senior Compensation AnalystNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job DescriptionNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Essential Job Functions:EOE
JOB SUMMARY:The Sr. Compensation and Payroll Analyst is responsible for administering key components of VEP's compensation program including, calculating, analyzing and processing physician and advanced practice clinician (APC) compensation including but not limited to salary, productivity, differentials, any additional pays, bonuses and quality based models. This position is integral to preserving the integrity of compensation models and preventing errors that may have an adverse impact on the company's finances. The incumbent relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, perform a variety of highly complex tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and collaborates with key members of the finance, payroll, recruitment and HR departments to ensure efficient and effective work processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares for and participates in the compensation review process with a member of the Senior Leadership Team, for all compensation arrangements, including analysis, reports and additional supporting documentation
- Supports the development, implementation, and administration of compensation models for Medical Directors, Independent Contractors, and APC Providers.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of data specific to organization wide provider compensation, including productivity
- Works with billing company to resolve issues and provides various reports to VEP's billing companies
- Provides reporting to outside sources including partnerships and hospital accounts.
- Maintains with precision and accuracy, the COREmatica compensation system, including all current and new contracts and employee and IC records which are vital to billing and compensation pay
- Maintains the recruiting compensation worksheet
- Works with Payroll to resolve timecard related issues and correct pay in COREmatica
- Actively involved with tracking individual and group compensation and proactively works with management to prevent overpayment.
- Interprets and assist with enforcing provider contracts through the review and monitoring of offer letters, contract exhibit letters and RVU models.
- Responsible for ensuring no contract changes are implemented without prior approval of the President, COO or their designee using the Compensation Change Request Form.
- Oversees, in partnership with the VP of Quality, the quality and performance incentive bonus payments to providers.
- Prepares assigned pay period/monthly/standard reports and develops streamlined processes where appropriate.
- Develops basic reports by using the compensation management software system per customer requests.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of cross-department operations, clinical functions, billing company reporting and finance & accounting processes.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of all assigned processes and any related policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to research issues related to individual and / or site compensation issues, internal process changes and other forces impacting physician compensation.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with leaders, peers, customers, physicians, outside vendors and related entities and exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Actively works to model VEP's core values and behaviors as referenced in the VEP Handbook.
- Works and communicates effectively with management and their support staff throughout the entire organization, as well as with physicians, vendors, user groups, and professional organizations.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Ability to interpret independent contractor contract exhibit letters and employee offer letters and translate into appropriate compensation calculations.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex issues and processes and to escalate issues to appropriate resources as necessary.
- Ability to translate technical financial and compensation terminology into terms understandable to leadership, associates, and external customers.
- Ability to coordinate multiple competing priorities (multi-task) in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Highly skilled with the use of compensation software and computer systems that aid in analysis, communication, presentations, financial reporting (Excel, databases, presentation tools), etc.
- Possesses the ability to function in a highly organized and detail orientated fashion to ensure changes are applied accurately and timely
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- At least four to six years of payroll, physician compensation experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience working with an automated financial management system.
- Work positively and collaboratively with peers, senior level management members and third party contractors.
About VEP Healthcare