Patient Admission and Registration Job In Dallas, Texas
PFS Registration SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Performs registration duties to include patient registration, obtaining precertification, obtaining proper authorizations, insurance verification and preliminary financial counseling services to ensure Parkland¿s financial viability at the most basic level.
- Associate¿s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years¿ experience within a hospital or clinical environment, an insurance company, managed care organization, other financial service setting, registration, financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service in a health care environment.
- General knowledge of patient access financial counseling functions in both acute and non-acute settings is a plus.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance terminology.
- Ability to work multiple computer systems such as patient, registration/accounting system, document imaging, scanning, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently.
- Prior experience in patient access, billing, cash collections, insurance, appointment scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge and function and relationships within a hospital environment.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must demonstrate ability to type 20 words per minute with a maximum of 3 errors.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must score 80% or above on pre-employment spelling test.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers, printers, scanners, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of computer software, i.e., Word and Excel Knowledge, Hospital Information/Enterprise Systems, i.e., EPIC.
- Customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to function in a high-level stressful environment while simultaneously multi-tasking.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- Detailed oriented with basic mathematical and analytical skills.
- Must be able to resolve registration issues as they relate to multiple groups including third party payors, system, patients and physicians.
- Knowledge of contract reimbursement, third party payors and insurance verification preferred.
- Ability to problem solve within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
- Medical and insurance terminology.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.