General Cardiology Job In San Antonio, Texas
CardiologistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Ceseley LaPere: Sign in to view
Methodist Healthcare System in San Antonio, Texas is assisting to recruit an experienced Interventional Cardiologist for a private practice opportunity. Practice will consider a General Cardiologist that is experienced in performing cardiac catheterizations.
Position is located in the city of Seguin, and practice requires new physician to reside in Seguin, or nearby communities of Schertz or New Braunfels which enjoy great schools, communities, and proximity to nearby San Antonio and Austin, TX.
Candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible, and eligible for licensure in Texas. This is a replacement position, and is available immediately.
About the Practice:
• Full service Cardiology practice, with all diagnostics in office (echo, treadmill, nuclear)
• Sees about 100 patients per week
• Caths performed in hospital Monday- Friday as needed; not open weekends
• More complicated procedures come into San Antonio; Nighttime and weekend STEMI patients sent emergently to San Antonio
About the Position:
• 1:3 weekend call (shared with other group)
• Office patient daily with hospital consults, rounds and caths as needed
• Consults and round in hospital are daily-7 days per week; Evening admissions typically covered by hospitalist
• Payor mix is primarily Medicare (approximately 65%), very little uninsured, and some commercial
• Competitive salary and benefits package (medical, malpractice, CME)
• This is a replacement position, therefore, incoming physician can expect to have an immediate patient base
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of Cardiovascular services in South Texas.
San Antonio (Spanish for "Saint Anthony") is the seventh most populous city in the U.S. and the second most populous city in Texas, with a population of 1.3 million. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000-2010. The city is located in the American Southwest, the south–central part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of an urban region known as the Texas Triangle.
Located near downtown San Antonio, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is a 316-bed hospital providing a complete range of health care services in San Antonio and the many neighborhoods and businesses that border its centralized location. Easy freeway access makes Metropolitan Methodist Hospital convenient for patients, visitors and physicians to access from all parts of the city.
In 2005, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital opened the new Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Women's Pavilion, the only facility in downtown San Antonio completely dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital offers outstanding cardiac care, general and surgical care, behavioral medicine, neurosurgery, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorders evaluation and the largest emergency department in downtown San Antonio.