Surgical Tech Job In Dallas, Texas
OR-Surgical Technologist INext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Prepares operating rooms for surgery, provides technical services, assists during routine surgeries, and maintains documentation to ensure activities meet operating room and Parkland requirements.
Requirements for Practicing Surgical Technology in the State of Texas (per Texas H.B. 643-Chapter 259):
1. Has successfully completed an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist and holds and maintains certification as a surgical technologist by:
a) the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor;
b) the National Center for Competency Testing or its successor;
c) another surgical technologist certification program approved by the department.
The person may not continue to practice surgical technology after the 180th day
after the date of graduation without showing documentation that the person holds
and maintains the surgical technologist certification required above.
2. Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service.
In addition to State of Texas requirements (above)
-Must have current Health care provider CPR course completion cardf rom one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
-Must be able to demonstrate a basic working knowledge of surgical equipment, instruments and procedures.
-Must be able to set priorities and perform under stressful situations.
-Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in use of aseptic techniques.
-Must be able to recognize and correct immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
-Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
-Must be able to work a change in shift, or flexible hours when the work requires such changes.
-Must be able to communicate effectively with hospital staff.
-Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.