Nurse Practitioner Job In Tomball, Texas
Mental Health NP Opportunity - North Houston/Tomball, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Ginna Campbell: Sign in to view
HCA Healthcare is seeking a Mental Health NP for employment to Tomball Regional Medical Center - located in the northwest Houston suburb community of Tomball.
The Mental Health Nurse Practitioner practices is an advanced role under the direction and supervision of a staff psychiatrist. The Mental Health Nurse Practitioner will provide advanced behavioral and psychiatric care in the emergency room and psychiatric inpatient setting; including assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of treatment and procedures, and discharge plans. The Mental Health Nurse Practitioner works in conjunction with the Behavioral Health Service Line, Nursing Staff, Social Workers, and Medical Staff to ensure the highest level of care for patients. The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner will maintain the mission and values of the facility and of HCA, including participation in goals and processes derived from HCA-CCMN initiatives .i.e., core measures. The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to consider developmental issues of patients across the lifespan.
License / Certifications / Requirements:
Current Texas RN License, Mental Health/ Psychiatric National Nurse Practitioner Certification or Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner with mental health experience as a nurse practitioner. Registered to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Texas, Current ACLS Certification
Graduate of an accredited nursing school with a Master’s degree in nursing.
Minimum of five years in Mental Health experience. In depth knowledge of Psychiatric standards of care and regulatory issues. Knowledge and skills in adult learning and effective teaching and mentoring skills. Self-directed and has the ability to meet goals with little supervision. Age appropriate considerations related to the communication and safety needs of the patient populations served at the facility proactive mindset. Analytical and problem-solving skills, including knowledge of statistics. The ability to focus with strong organizational skills including the ability to plan, implement, and follow up. Research skills. Solid communication skills, including listening and validation, written and spoken skills, tact and diplomacy, and presentation skills. Ability to work as a team member and to promote teamwork. The ability to establish and maintain working relationships through outstanding personal skills, including objectivity, flexibility, patience, trustworthiness, and sincerity.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
This position requires the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks and activities. Personal protective equipment includes, but is not limited to, back support belts, gloves, mask and safety glasses.
1. Completes position responsibilities following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame and under the direction and supervision of a staff Psychiatrist.
2. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the entire continuum of care for all behavioral health patients. One of the primary objectives is to intervene and prevent readmissions within 30 days to the Psychiatry inpatient department. Preventing readmission may also mean assuring the discharged pt has a solid aftercare plan and that the pt will follow this plan.
3. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of behavioral standards of care.
4. Is knowledgeable of new technology.
5. Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
6. Ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed.
7. Follows established procedures performing job functions.
8. Patient Care
9. Initial and ongoing assessment of patients’ medical, physical, and psychosocial status, including the following
10. Obtain a complete history
11. Perform a physical examination based on age and history
12. Conduct preventive screening procedures based on age and history
13. Identify medical and health risks and needs
14. Update and record changes in health status
15. Is an expert regarding mental health and psychiatric standards
16. Formulate the appropriate differential diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
17. Identify the needs of the individual, family, or community as a result of the evaluation of the collected data
18. Order appropriate diagnostic tests
19. Identify appropriate pharmacologic agents
20. Identify non-pharmacologic interventions
21. Develop a patient education plan
22. Conduct and interpret diagnostic tests
23. Prescribe pharmacologic agents
24. Prescribe non-pharmacologic therapies
25. Provide relevant patient education
26. Make appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies
27. Determine the effectiveness of the plan of care through documentation of client care outcomes
28. Reassess and modify the plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals
29. Participate in quality assurance review on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans
30. Provide discharge prescription medications, behavioral health discharge plan, discharge instructions, and the discharge summary