RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Care Coordinator Registered NurseNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.Establishes and maintains an efficient, cost effective care management process by determining patient financial and medical eligibility, medical necessity, and by developing, implementing and monitoring individual patient plans of care and communicating these plans to patients, families, and Parkland staff to ensure quality patient care throughout the healthcare continuum and compliance with program/Parkland policies and procedures. Responsible for the maintaining the knowledge and skill set related to utilization review, care coordination, performance improvement and professional licensure and certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Must have four years of hospital or community based patient care nursing, preferably in assigned clinical area.
- Prefer case management, utilization review, and/or discharge planning experience.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirement.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must maintain current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- Prefer Accreditation for Care Management (ACM) from American Care Manager Association, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nursing Case Management Certification, or National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM).
- Prefer Texas Department of Health Targeted Case Management (TCM) 90- day training certificate.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of specific patient populations, and be able to demonstrate knowledge of disease processes affecting this group.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of PC operations and the ability to use word processing software in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and community-based funding sources.
- Must be self-directed and capable of priority setting and problem solving.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.