Medical Assistant Job In Plantation, Florida
Medical Assistant FloatNext Steps... Apply Now
This position will float to the following locations: Lauderdale Lakes, Coconut Creek,
Ft Lauderdale and Plantation
Float to multiple locations within a loop of offices based on the need of the practice. As medical assistant, performs clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Check to make sure that patient history is complete i.e.(immunization records, allergy to medications, birth weights etc...).
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Obtain brief summary of patient complaint. Document any immunizations needed. Read previous visits to obtain follow-up plan as needed.
- Assist doctors in any necessary procedures such as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Perform sensory screening as needed.
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patient’s i.e. (school forms, medication forms).
- Call hospitals to obtain any necessary results i.e. (lab and x-ray results).
- Complete any necessary referrals and referral cover sheets for doctor approval. Call insurance companies to obtain necessary authorization for certain procedures.
- Set up any home therapies for patient use.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Working as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care.
- Assisting the doctor in emergency situations.
- Keeping expiration dates current on all sample medications and formulas.
- Keeping medications and supplies on the crash cart current.
- Administering immunizations and medicine injections.
- Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Floating to multiple offices within a loop as designated by the Loop Staffing Coordinator.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer desired.
Beautiful beaches, golfing, fishing, kayaking, dancing, dining, sailing, shopping...
We have it all! Florida offers a lifestyle that suits every taste, and our physicians take full advantage of life in the sunshine. Physicians at Pediatric Associates enjoy family friendly neighborhoods and great schools as much as they enjoy the exciting nightlife and dining scene of places like South Beach. Pediatric Associates has locations throughout South Florida and Tampa.
Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. Since then, our physicians have cared for four generations of families with our first patients now bringing their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to our practice. The company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations staffed by multiple physicians. We were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available.
Currently, our 28 neighborhood locations are staffed by more than 180 providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and St. Lucie counties.