Nurse Practitioner Job In Kalamazoo, Michigan
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- 330-bed, regional hospital
- 16 physician team, 6 full-time advanced practitioners, clinical performance nurse, and program manager
- Closed ICU
- Strong subspecialty support
- Cerner EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Current, unrestricted license in MI and certification in AANP/ANCC or NCCPA; will consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience
- Experienced hospitalist APP candidates only; no new grads
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Kalamazoo is based in the southwest region of Michigan. Kalamazoo is mainly situated along the bank of a major southwest bend in the Kalamazoo River and its northeastern part of the city lies flat in the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city once was the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who sometime before the first millennium, had migrated to Kalamazoo. There is still evidence that remains of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is the home to the start of Gibson Guitar Corporation which produces some of the finest quality guitars today. Western Michigan University resides in the city of Kalamazoo along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities in the country and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo, Michigan is largely due to its college-town atmosphere and has become an area for arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held on an annual basis.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.