Geriatric Medicine Job In Fort Wayne, Indiana
Seeking Geriatrician - Northeast INDIANA - Large Multi-specialty GroupNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jenny Lee: Sign in to view
Lutheran Medical Group is looking to hire a BC/BE Geriatrician to join a large multispecialty group within Lutheran Health Network in Fort Wayne, IN. Physician will be part of the primary care practice on the Dupont Hospital campus and help to develop and chair several specialty geriatric programs including a Geriatric ED, a Geriatric Fracture Program and an Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) unit. With the ever-increasing geriatric population in Fort Wayne, these programs will cater to this demographic and help feed your geriatric outpatient practice.
- 36 clinical hours per week = flexible schedule
- Mostly outpatient with some inpatient consults
- 1:25 call group = great quality of life!!
- Chair and develop specialty geriatric programs at Dupont Hospital
- Lutheran Medical Group is part of Lutheran Health Network, an 8 hospital healthcare system in northeastern Indiana.
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
- Base salary guarantee plus incentive
- Commencement and/or Signing Bonus
- Quality Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Repayment
- Residency Stipend
- Relocation Expenses
- CME, Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions
- Health and Retirement
- *No Visa support
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- Named All-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
10 minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central
Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
Members of the Lutheran Health Network, which is owned by Community Health Systems, include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and CommunityMemorialHospital (an affiliate).
The community of Fort Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live and work; earning the All-American City Award and the City of Livability Award. Our community is affordable with a cost of living 9% below national average. The education system includes universities, colleges and excellent private and public schools. Art and cultural activities are abundant with an award winning zoo, nature trails, orchestra, museum in addition to professional sports, minor league and Division I college sports. Furthermore, it is a short drive to major metropolitan areas like Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati.
Medical practices attracted to city
Fort Wayne is one of the best places in the country to open a medical practice, according to a Pennsylvania-based firm that estimates small-business values.
Fort Wayne ranked fourth in the latest rankings from BizEquity. Business values are based on what they would be sold for in the open market, said Tom Taulli founder of BizEquity, which released the rankings Friday.
Taulli said 150 cities with populations exceeding 100,000 were evaluated for the study. Indianapolis ranked 15th.
BizEquity’s rankings consider revenue, number of employees, local economic environment and market share. The firm doesn’t consider medical practices valued at more than $10 million, Taulli said.
Dupont Hospital, located in Fort Wayne, Ind., is a 122-bed facility that is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Services include Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Obstetrics and NICU, Emergency Services, Comprehensive Radiology, Laboratory Services, Intensive Care, General Medical/Surgical Services and Pediatrics. Dupont Hospital is Fort Wayne's first all-digital hospital with high-speed digital X-rays to high-tech information systems.