Pediatric Hospitalist Job In Oxford, Mississippi
Pediatrics - Pediatrician - HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Envision Physician Services is partnering with Baptist Memorial Hospital – North Mississippi to provide services for their expanding Pediatric Inpatient unit as well as newborn services. Baptist has opened up a beautiful, brand new facility with growth in mind dedicating a large area to nursery and Pediatrics. We are seeking a Pediatric Hospitalist who has experience in the delivery room and feels comfortable with C-sections, high-risk deliveries, and neonatal resuscitation/stabilization. The hospital has a certified level II NICU, but they don’t currently utilize it. They plan to grow the program to be able to keep patients who are down to 32-weeks gestational age. This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up and serve a community in need.
Details of the position/facility are listed below:
- Staffing Model: 2 Pediatric Hospitalists (Medical Director position available)
- Schedule: Week on/off schedule (Off 6-months out of the year)
- In-house during the day
- Call from home at night
- Cover nursery (well baby and eventual level 2) with ADC ~5, deliveries (900/yr; attend 50% of deliveries), pediatric inpatient floor (ADC - 2), ER consults
- Education of RNs/RTs to help grow their skillset and the acuity that the unit can handle
- Pediatric subspecialty support includes Pediatric Radiology, Anesthesia, and Infectious Disease available via telemedicine
Envision Physician Services provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women’s and children’s services at more than 900 facilities in 48 states. We support our physicians and advance practice providers with the resources needed to deliver high-quality patient care, allowing clinicians to focus on medicine, not its administrative burden. With clients across the country, you’ll find an opportunity that fits your needs and goals at any stage of your career.