Neonatology Job In Richmond, Virginia
Neonatology - NeonatologistNext Steps... Apply Now
Neonatologist Opportunity - State-of-the-Art Level III NICU in Richmond, VA
Envision Physician Services has an outstanding full-time opportunity for a board eligible or board certified Neonatologist to join our expanding Level III NICU practice at Henrico Doctor’s Hospital (HDH) in Richmond, Virginia. In October 2017, the hospital revealed their new pride and joy, a state of the art NICU with 32-single family rooms and 8-bed step-down unit. Our team at HDH consists of long-time hospital partners with a well-trained and stable nursing team. With the support of an administrative team that’s dedicated to the success of the NICU, we have partnered together to provide the best care for patients and families in the community. Key words to describe the successful candidate are innovative, compassionate, evidence-based, flexible, and positive.
- Competitive compensation with start date bonus
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, and 401k match (effective day 1!)
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Flexible scheduling and work life balance built into schedule templates
- Staffing Model: 6 Neonatologists, 4.5 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Days are covered by 2 Neos and 1 NNP
- Neo 1 – Serves as primary provider for one team of mixed-acuity patients (Level III)
- Neo 2 – Serves as primary provider for second team of mixed-acuity patients (Level II/newborns)
- NNP assists with normal newborns, then joins NICU care team for daily rounds/patient management
- Nights are covered by 1 Neo and 1 NNP
- Rotating 6-week schedule template provides continuity of care, equity in shift coverage (days, nights, weekends, holidays), and blocks of time off for work/life balance
- Schedule templates are flexible as team is built, but continuity of care and work/life balance will remain a focus
- HDH 2018 Data:
- Deliveries - 4,274;
- NICU Admits - 496; NICU ADC – 27.5; Nursery ADC: 22.5
- High frequency ventilation (HFOV and HFJV), inhaled nitric oxide, pediatric surgical patients, therapeutic hypothermia
- No cardiac surgery except for PDAs; no ECMO
- On-site Cardiology, with additional support from VCU subspecialists
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Envision Physician Services provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women’s and children’s services at more than 900 facilities in 48 states. We support our physicians and advance practice providers with the resources needed to deliver high-quality patient care, allowing clinicians to focus on medicine, not its administrative burden. With clients across the country, you’ll find an opportunity that fits your needs and goals at any stage of your career.