Family Medicine Job In Roxboro, North Carolina
Established Outpatient Practice near DurhamNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Lindsay Curtis: Sign in to view
Person Memorial Hospital, located in Roxboro, NC, is recruiting an additional Family Medicine physician to join another physician in a busy, outpatient-only practice. Roxboro is less than 45 minutes from Durham. This is a hospital employed position and the new provider will be offered a competitive comp package including sign-on, relo and student loan assistance.
Roxboro, with a population of 9,000, is the largest town and the county seat of Person County, which has a population of more than 39,000. The community’s size encourages small-town hospitality and a gentler pace – both founded in progressive goals and an intense community spirit.
Roxboro residents enjoy a mild climate (average temp. of 60 degrees) and many, diverse housing options. From century-old estates and mini-farms to new, contemporary neighborhoods and luxurious lake homes, Roxboro real estate is available in many price ranges and has diversity in size, location and amenities.
Similarly, Roxboro and Person County offer a variety of educational opportunities for students and life-long learners. The community has one public school system, two charter schools, multiple private schools, and a community college. In addition, Roxboro/Person County is home to more than three dozen civic organizations, including Lions Club, Kiwanis Club, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Habitat for Humanity and the Person County Historic Society.
Recreational activities are high on the list of favorite things to do in Person County. Among the many offerings are:
• Kirby Theater for performing arts
• Kirby Gallery for visual arts
• Mayo Lake for fishing, hiking, camping and cycling
• Hyco Lake for self-guided, paved walking trails and picnic areas
• Rock of Ages Winery & Vineyard for wine tastings, tours, special events and concerts
• Roxboro Country Club Golf Course
• Person County Museum, including several on-site historical sites
• Palace Pointe, featuring 8 movie screens, 20 bowling lanes, a roller skating rink, an arcade room, a diner, a billiards room, and private rooms for parties and meeting functions.
• Roxboro Motorsports Dragway, an IHRA-sanctioned, 1/8 mile concrete drag strip – host to car, truck and bike festivals
• Rock Sportsplex, a miniature golf, baseball and driving range complex.
Person Memorial Hospital in Roxboro, North Carolina, is a 110-bed, Joint Commission-accredited community hospital that provides compassionate, quality healthcare in a modern, equipment-rich facility. It was the first hospital to become a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare.
To better serve its community, the hospital recently completed a renovation of its Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, Surgical Suites, Laboratory and Specialty Care Clinic. This improvement emphasizes Person Memorial’s commitment to its vision to provide progressive facilities, technology and programs that maximize the effectiveness of its medical staff.