Nurse Practitioner Job In Lexington, Kentucky
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
St. Joseph Hospital, a member of KentuckyOne Health, is a top health system in Lexington and is one of the oldest still existing hospitals in the area. As one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care, Saint Joseph is among the top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide for treatment of stroke and is Kentucky’s only hospital to be recognized with this award.
- 468-bed, non-profit, hospital - part of Catholic Health Initiatives
- 20 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes
- Open ICU - no procedures required
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in KY and 1-year previous hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Lexington, the second-largest city in Kentucky, is known as the "Horse Capital of the World" and it sits in the heart of the state's Bluegrass region. With a metro area of about 500,000, it is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, The Red Mile and Keeneland race courses, Rupp Arena, the world's largest basketball-specific arena, Transylvania University, the University of Kentucky, and Bluegrass Community & Technical College. Living in Lexington, you are only an easy drive away from Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH and Knoxville, TN!
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.