Sonographer Job In Dallas, Texas
Sonographer II-Radiology-Evening ShiftNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Monday-Friday 3:30p – 12:00p
Operates ultrasound equipment used to produce quality routine and fairly complex diagnostic scans to ensure optimal patient care.
- Prefer successful graduation from an ultrasound program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
- Must have one year of experience in specialty area.
- Must be registered as a Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers and registered in the subspecialty of abdomen ARDMS (AB) with current active status.
- Must be registered in vascular technology (RVT) OR hold a registered vascular specialist (RVS) credential from Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card or obtain certification during initial orientation at Parkland from one of the following.
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of both normal and abnormal anatomy.
- Must be proficient in general ultrasound and vascular exams.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient cantered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.