Family Medicine Job In Buffalo, New York
NocturnistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is a tertiary care center and one of the largest hospitals in Western New York. Mercy Buffalo is highly regarded for excellence in stroke, cardiac, orthopedic, critical care, general surgery, and pulmonary disease.
- 468 bed, not for profit, community-based hospital
- Established team of 12 physician team, 11 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurse
- Excellent subspecialty support
- No call environment / no procedures required / no codes
- H1b and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Awards and Recognitions
- American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center, one of 4 in New York State
- NYS Designated Stroke Center
- Stroke Gold plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Awarded Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
- Awarded Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award
- Awarded received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Buffalo is the second largest city in the state with a population of approximately 1.3 million in the surrounding metropolitan area. Residents of Western New York enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle of cities such as Buffalo and Niagara Falls, combined with the small town character of quaint communities nestled into the surrounding countryside.
- Forbes named Buffalo one of the most affordable housing markets in the country
- Across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.