Information Technology Job In Dallas, Texas
IT Help Desk Agent - Associate- Full TimeNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Under direct supervision, provides support to end-users for PC, service or mainframe applications, and hardware.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Must have two years of cumulative experience consisting of help desk, technical support, or technical engineering experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Prefer CompTIA Aplus (A+) certification.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have a practical knowledge of assigned help desk environment, including set up of systems and troubleshooting protocols.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and ability to operate a computer using word processing, spreadsheet, and data management software.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot login related issues in either an active directory or Windows NT environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot Intel PC related issues in either a call-center or desktop support environment.
- Prefer knowledge of MAC and/or Smart phones.
- Must be able to deliver great customer service in a customer-centric call environment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.