General Orthopedic Surgery Job In Brownwood, Texas
Orthopedic Surgery physician opening in Brownwood, TX – Centrally located, 2.5 hour drive to Fort Worth and AustinNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Brownwood Regional Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Orthopedic Surgeon to join the community.
- Multiple physician office 200 yards away from the hospital
- Anticipated call of 10 days per month for ED coverage
- Perform general orthopedic procedures
- One MD anesthesia provider and 6 CRNAs
Brownwood is centrally located, very near the geographic center of Texas.
- 2.5 hour drive to Austin and Fort Worth, 3 hour drive to Dallas
- Population of around 20,000
- Very family friendly community as it is home to multiple parks, a family aquatics facility, youth sports facility, and more
Recruitment package may include:
- Student loan repayment (if applicable)
- Commencement bonus, relocation, CME, marketing
Brownwood is located in central Texas, at the northern edge of the Texas Hill Country. In 2007 the population reached nearly 20,000 and the total service area for the hospital is approximately 65,000. The community enjoys the best of both worlds and is known for its small town charm and big city conveniences. The area is blessed with abundant natural resources, including Lake Brownwood, and is home to a diverse mix of retail businesses, manufacturing industries and tourism opportunities. It is easily accessible to many metro areas including Dallas-Forth Worth (160 miles), Austin (140 miles) and Abilene (70 miles).
Brownwood Public Education is served by the Brownwood Independent School District consisting of 3 elementary schools, 3 intermediate schools, and 1 high school. Brownwood I.S.D. has the most extensive college-prep curriculum in the Brown County Area. Private school facilities include Living Word Christian Academy and Trinity Christian Academy. Brownwood is also home to Howard Payne University and Texas State Technical College.
Brownwood Regional Medical Center, a 216-bed full-service facility, is located in Brownwood, Texas, and is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO). The facility's services include Ambulatory/Outpatient Services, Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Intensive Care Unit, Oncology, Orthopedics, Physical/Occupational Medicine, Radiology/Imaging Services, Skilled Nursing Facility/Rehabilitation, Surgical Services and Women's and Children's Services.