Nursing Assistant Job In Xenia, Ohio
Nursing Assistant - Greene Memdorial Hospital - Med/Surg/Tele - PRNNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Nursing Assistant
Job Type Resource (PRN)
Shift 12 Hour Shift
# of Openings 1
Shift Time Varied (ex: Resource)
Posted Date 4 days ago
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Health Unit Coordinator/Nursing Assistant (HUC/NA), a combination of the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) and Nursing Assistant (NA) roles, serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- The HUC/NA collaborates with unit leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the patient care unit. This includes the processing of patient records and ongoing communication with nursing staff, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
- The HUC/NA serves as a resource for physicians and other members of the health care team for the electronic medical record.
- The HUC/NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation and/or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
- One year experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long term care facility.
- Able to attend two weeks of NA orientation
- Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from the this requirement
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR/BLS