Secretary & Assistant Job In Waltham, Massachusetts
Executive Administrative AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Job ID 2018-1860
# of Openings 1
Category Research - Dept
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide a broad range of high-level executive administrative support to R&D and Clinical Leaders, and the R&D Leadership Team based in Waltham (Therapeutic Area leaders, Clinical Operations) as well as work closely with offsite CMO functions and teams to coordinate department-wide initiatives. This position requires thorough knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures. The incumbent must be able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and enjoy the fast pace and ambiguous nature of a successful, growing biopharmaceutical company.
- Directly supports Head of Clinical Development/Operations as well as the VP, Oncology Research and the VP, Bone Research in terms of calendar, travel, expenses, coordinating key departmental meetings and generating Board of Directors materials. Also, provides support to other senior level executives across the CMO organization as needed.
- Maintains internal and external phone contacts, and schedules/coordinates internal and external meetings as needed.
- Effectively manages the process for business expenses and invoices; support the development and execution of contract documents, as neededPrepares/updates presentation materials as requested for meetings on Microsoft Office including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word documents, and Excel worksheets.
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Project Management of multiple workstreams, and ability to prioritize and progress multiple projects forward at the same time with a high degree of efficiency.
- Screening and where possible, responding appropriately to emails on increasingly complex matters, in a manner that reflects an ability to discern between critical and less urgent matters.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Screens callers, mail and visitors for Radius Health's Business leaders and their teams when applicable.
- Identifying administrative needs for the organization and initiating projects to support those needs.
- Provides back-up coverage for receptionist and other Administrative Assistants as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous activities to support the facility, such as supplies, planning engagement events, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5 years of directly related experience required.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information, interactions, and situations is required.
- Ability to schedule, prioritize, meet deadlines, work independently with minimal supervision and/or work with a large team in a fast paced and evolving environment is required.
- Professional appearance and telephone manner as well as strong verbal, communications, prioritization and organizational skills are important for this role.
- Ability to take initiative and to manage multiple high priority tasks and projects simultaneously is required.
- Ability to partner positively with a team of professional Executive Assistants for office coverage and calendar planning.
- High degree of professionalism, strong work ethic and sense of responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Concur, Webex, and Sharepoint.
- Previous experience supporting VP level executives; C-level executive support is highly desirable.
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Occasional travel required.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.