RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Registered Nurse II-ASC PACUNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols, American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses's Guidelines/Standards, and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care. The Peri-Anesthesia RN is responsible for managing the care of patients undergoing a surgical procedure that requires moderate to complex assessments, interventions and multiple levels of nursing vigilance.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have two years of nursing experience to include one year of Day Surgery, Med/Surg, PACU, ICU, or ER experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing or valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR (CPR-HP) course completion card. from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Prefer specialty certification as a Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) or Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for pre- and post-operative patients in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses's (ASPAN) Guidelines/Standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Mediation Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment of pre- and post-operative patients, consults with other team members as required, and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a charge nurse.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct an annual in-service educational program.
- Must be able to float/cover Pre-op, PACU, and Phase II as deemed necessary.
- Must possess knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia techniques, and consequent nursing interventions.
- Must be able to recognize emergency situations and assist in corrective action.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize assignments, duties, and responsibilities.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.