Medical Assistant Job In Kettering, Ohio
Ortho Technician - Far Oaks Orthopedists
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Job Category Medical Assistant
Job Type Full-Time
Shift First Shift
# of Openings 2
Shift Time Days
Posted Date 16 hours ago
Do you want to work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community? If so, this Orthopedic Technician position is for you!
Kettering Physician Network employs more than 400 providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater-Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Offering an extensive range of specialties and expertise, our physicians provide comprehensive care at more than 120 locations.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Ortho Technician is responsible for:
- Under the supervision of the physician, assists in providing patient care orthopedic technician responsibilities (e.g. splinting, casting, dressing functions) and performing medical assistant duties (e.g. charting, vitals, preparing injections).
- May be requested to substitute for other office personnel and conduct responsibilities of front desk/check-out.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Completion of technical school or college orthopedic technician or technology program resulting in a certificate or an associate degree required.
- Must either have six months experience as a Medical Assistant, OR, have graduated from an accredited MA or Medical Office Management program that meets nationally accepted standards.
- Within one year from date of hire, continued employment will require successful attainment of MA, RMA, CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification.
- Basic life support (BLS) certification preferred.